A lot has been said about the advantages of custom shoes. According to most writers they offer supreme fit and as they are handmade their quality is unsurpassed by even the best manufacturers of welted footwear. I’m afraid that I don’t agree.
First of all, not all custom shoes are great. A lot of them don’t fit properly. Others don’t look elegant and some are not well made. Thus it would be more honest to state that custom shoes are fantastic if they are built around a fit that lasts and if the craftmen know what they are doing. If this is not the case custom shoes are a nightmare and worse than the average factory product.
So before you think of ordering custom made footwear you should find out why you would want to do it. Do you have problems with your feet? Do they ache after a long working day? Or do want to pamper yourself with something that is made just for you?
It was okay, but not that much better than the fit that I knew from the Goodyear welted shoes I was wearing already. To know that one wears shoes that were built around your feet and handmade just for you by craftsmen with old fashioned aprons and a lot of wrinkles in their kind faces (think of the old men we always see in the ads of custom shoemakers) seems to be the greatest kick out of getting custom shoes created.
Some people may say that I haven’t tried the best shoemaker. Otherwise I’d be hooked. I don’t know. Maybe my views on clothes and shoes are too rational and too little romantic. When I compare $600 shoes with custom shoes that will cost $6,000 I must ask myself whether the latter are really ten times as good…and I would have to say no.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The role of casual footwear
- How to choose casual shoes
- Precautions for casual footwear
- The maintenance method of casual shoes
- The washing method of casual shoes
- Color Characteristics of Sneakers
- How to identify the quality of snea...
- Sports Shoes Purchasing Advice
- Daily cleaning of Sneakers
- About the color matching of sneakers
- Custom Shoes
- Personalize Shoes With Acrylic
- Something About Our Website
- Casual Shoes
- Canvas Casual Lace Up Shoes
- Why Choose White Shoes?
- When to Wear White Shoes
- What You Should Know About Canvas S...
- Why Is It Important to Wear Proper ...
- How to Measure Your Foot for Runnin...